Piberry Institute Inc. is a woman and family owned minority institution that puts great pride into partnering with community organizations, doctors offices, clinics and medical facilities at which its students successfully complete externship hours in medical assisting. The benefits of completing the learning process at partnering facilities are beyond just the completion of externship hours. Students gain life experiences in which they learn the culture of medical facilities, hands-on techniques, acceptable ways of behavior, and professional decorum to help with in their continuous growth and development.
Piberry Institute is proud to support various community initiatives where its services and skills are used to help further the missions of local community organizations.
Remember that Hurricane Season is here!
The 2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season starts June 1st, 2016 and will end November 30th, 2016. The best thing you can do to avoid additional stress in the unfortunate event of a hurricane, is to prepare your emergency kit now. Below are examples of some things you may want to include in your emergency kit:
• Water and non-perishable food, enough to support each member of your family for up to 72 hours/3 days
• Battery operated radio and batteries
• First aid kit
• Flashlights and batteries
• Cash or traveler’ check and change
• Important documents such as proof of residence, pictures of your family including pets, insurance policies, bank records, identification records, tax records and important medical records in a waterproof, portable container
• Comfortable clothing for each family member with at least one change of clothes
• Blankets and/or sleeping bags for each family member
• Unique family needs such as prescription medications, extra glasses/contacts, pet supplies, infant supplies or any other unique need your family may have.