Campus Security, Crime Awareness And Safety Policies
Piberry Institute is committed to assisting all members of the Piberry Institute community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety compliance document is available on the website at www.piberry.edu.
If you would like to receive the combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report that contains this information, you can stop by the administrative office at Piberry Institute located at 30356 Old Dixie Hwy, Homestead, FL. 33033 or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (305) 245-2581.
Piberry is registered to receive alerts from here: https://floridaoffenderalert.com/subscribe.php
Piberry Institute is in compliance with both the Student Right to Know Act of 1990 and the Campus Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990. The following statistics represent incidents directly reported to local authorities Miami-Dade Police Departments and other Campus Authorities. These statistics as well as an annual fire safety report are required to be submitted to the Department of Education annually.
The Beginning Enrollment is comprised of all students enrolled in the program on the first day of the reporting period (12 consecutive months) AND remained in school on the first day of the current reporting year. New Enrollees are unduplicated enrollments for the program during the reporting period, minus allowable subtractions.
- Students who transferred to another program within the institution;
- Students who received a 100% refund of tuition after withdrawal from the program or those who stopped attending class after the first day;
- Students documented to be unavailable to earn a credential in their programs due to situations such as pregnancy, other serious health-related issues (physical/mental/behavioral), caring for ill family members, incarceration, death, etc.;
- Students who left their program of study before completion to serve with a foreign aid service of the Federal government, such as the Peace Corps, or to serve on an official church mission; and,
- Secondary students (Some institutions may be required to report completion rate data for secondary students on a separate form.)