The Office of Student Services
1) Student Services Mission:
To provide a system of support services that enhances student success, student learning, and assist students in achieving their academic, career and professional goals, as well as their personal and social development through thoughtful and appropriate programs and support services.
As educators and partners in learning, Student and Career Services strives to:
• Enhance and support the mission of the Institute
• Responsible for assessing the needs of a diverse and changing student body
• Prepare students for their role as productive citizens within the workforce and community
• Educate students to make reasoned and well-informed choices
• Acclimate students to the campus and surrounding community
• Serve as a campus resource for media, library and technology services
• Promote student leadership and involvement through Dean’s List and President’s List ceremonies, Student Orientation and other student and community events
• Admits, assess, advise students on their educational and career goals
• Offer quality educational and career workshops and support services, which encourage and empower students to complete their educational goals towards graduation
• Participate in our community awareness activities
2) Employment Assistance
Piberry Institute works one on one with its graduates to help ensure a successful transition from academics to the workforce. Students understand that PiBerry Institute, Inc. has not made, and will not make any guarantees of employment or salary upon my graduation. PiBerry Institute, Inc. will provide all students and graduates with placement assistance, which will consist of identifying employment opportunities, working with students to develop a resume, helping the student conduct job searches, discussing professionalism, and conducting mock interviews to help the student become better prepared for an actual job interview.
3) Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of Student Services programs and practices, students will:
• Have a working comfort level and be able to effectively use technology
• Have opportunities to become civically engaged, work in a team , and be able to build collaborative relationships
• Value lifelong learning and education
• Understand the importance of fiscal responsibility
• Have an appreciation of diversity and living in a multicultural world
Student Services provide a system of support services that enhance student success, student learning, and assist students in achieving their academic, career and professional goals, as well as their personal and social development through thoughtful and appropriate institutional programs and services.
Student Services also coordinate Career Services functions to help students with effective job search techniques. The Office of Student and Career Services provide career coaching, resume building, mock interviewing techniques, and job searching skills and services to support the student in pursuing their individual career goals. The Career Services Department does not guarantee employment to any graduate, but works directly with the student to help them build the professional etiquette and skills that are appropriate for the workforce.
5) Campus Events
At Piberry Institute, we make it a point of duty to keep things light and to celebrate our students achievements. Several occasions that are always celebrated include Constitution Day, Deans List Receptions for our outstanding performers, and a winter party that precedes the winter break.